Every hour, 90 Americans attempt suicide and four of them carry it out. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among college students.
Suicide can be 100% preventable. And we want to help you potentially save a life at the FirstLink Suicide Prevention Training offered Tuesday, April 10, 4-5 p.m. in CMU 203 and Thursday, April 12, 12-1 p.m. in CMU 101.
This training can be beneficial for those entering a health-related field, sociology, psychology, social work, counseling, criminal justice, etc., or for anyone because suicide effects everybody.
At the training, participants will:
- Be more knowledgeable about the services FirstLink provides
- Understand the prevalence of suicide in our society
- Recognize how feeling about mental illness and suicide might affect suicide intervention
- Recognize things that may indicate emotional instability (warning signs)
- Understand suicide intervention techniques
Identify appropriate resources
Please register online.
For a list of the “Suicide Awareness Week” events, go to web.mnstate.edu/entertainment.