The Interim Dean of the College of Science, Health & the Environment is a full-time, twelve-month position. This interim appointment has a desired start date of July 1, 2014 and will extend through June 30, 2015.
The Interim Dean will provide academic leadership and coordination, and is responsible for the financial and personnel affairs of the college, including the Regional Science Center and the Planetarium. The Interim Dean will serve on the Academic Affairs Council (AAC) and other university committees as needed, and will integrate the plans of the college with those of the university.
This is an internal search, limited to current faculty at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
- Earned doctorate.
- Record of effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and scholarly achievement.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative decision making.
- Demonstrated commitment to support and enhance the diversity of the campus community.
- Seven (7) years of teaching and leadership experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Record of having earned tenure, and achieved rank of associate or full professor.
- A record of scholarly achievement commensurate with a senior appointment in one of the departments of the college.
- Three years as department chair or evidence of other academic leadership experience.
- Teaching experience in on the of the disciplines of the college.
- A demonstrated commitment to the pedagogy of undergraduate research, scholarship and creative accomplishments.
- A commitment to STEM and/or health-related outreach.
- An understanding of online program delivery.
- Experience with assessment and/or professional program accreditation.
- Familiarity with collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience with and commitment to faculty development.
Completed applications include a curriculum vita; a letter of interest/qualifications; names and contact information for three (3) references. Applications will be accepted until June 24th, 2014.
APPLY TO: Dr. Michelle Malott, 218-477-2574, firstname.lastname@example.org