Twenty-four MSU Moorhead students participated in the Arrowhead Model United Nations conference April 7-10 at Lake Superior University in Sault Ste Marie, Mich. The team received numerous group and individual awards. Collectively, MSUM was awarded nearly 90% of the honors given to the delegates and delegations. They were advised by Andrew Conteh, Political Science, and led by co-presidents Dominique Rolando and Marissa Peterson.
The delegation from the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea was awarded Best Delegation; delegates included: Dominique Rolando, Allan Branstiter, Rajeev Busgeeth, Rohan John, and Josh Weatherspoon.
The delegation from Iran received Best Delegation Honorable Mention; delegates included: Vanee Dusoruth, Zuweina Mohamed, Sarah Danielson-Ruddy, Bibhusha Karki, Dustin Sobolik, and Jessica Dalaney.
The delegations from Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and Japan placed first and second in the National Spirit Competition.
In addition to the delegation awards, several students from MSUM received the following individual honors:
- Amanda Zenk and Rutendo Chirume were awarded Best Delegates and Rapporteurs for the Human Rights Council.
- Vanee Dusoruth was a nominee for Best Delegate in the Economic and Finance Committee, and was also awarded Best Keynote Address at the General Assembly.
- Allan Branstiter was awarded Best Delegate for the Economic and Finance Committee.
- Dustin Sobolik was a nominee for Best Delegate in the Environmental Committee.
- Gracie Roman was a nominee for Best Delegate in the Political & Security Committee.
- Rohan John was awarded Best Delegate in the Political and Security Committee, and was also honorable mention for Best Keynote Address at the General Assembly.
- Mitch Biebighauser and Chris Kettering were awarded Best Delegates in the Political and Security Committee.
- Dominique Rolando was awarded Best Delegate in the Social and Humanitarian Committee.